Please see below the link for the ECB Spacehive Crowd Funding
for our new nets:
COVID19 Guidance for use of outdoor facilities
Version 1 – published 30 May 2020
ECB is clear that outdoor facilities should only reopen if those responsible for them are ready to do so and they can do so safely, following public health guidance: no club should reopen their outdoor facilities if they feel unable to meet the requirements.
The Club Directors, Welfare Officers and senior members of the club have given careful consideration to the use of net facilities at Old Elizabethans. The club is prepared to open the nets for restricted use with members adhering to the following guidance:
1. The use of the nets facilities is for club members only
2. There will be a senior representative from the club for all net sessions to ensure everyone adheres to the guidance and carry out risk assessments on both grounds.
3. Senior representative will have access to the main pavilion in the event of an emergency where there is masks, gloves and antibacterial sanitisation available.
4. Signage on guidelines for use of nets and promoting hygiene measures is clearly displayed
5. Club will communicate with members clearly and regularly making you aware in advance of any measures the club is putting in place – with lockdown slowly being eased the situation can change
6. There should be no spectators other than parent/guardian of junior member netting
7. A single net will be used on the main ground and the cage on the artificial wicket on Neel Park.
8. Use the car park for the ground you are netting on
9. Use of nets by appointment only
10. Net session 50 minutes
11. ECB clearly states there must be a clean-down / change over time between participants use of nets.
12. Only 2 people per net, one batting, one bowling (unless are all from the same household.)
13. Neither clubhouse will be open
Must comply with OECC Codes of Conduct and Policies http://www.oescricket.co.uk/3.html
and ECB COVID19 Guidelines,
1. Must provide their own cricket equipment and cricket balls
2. Must not handle each other’s cricket balls
3. Hand sanitisers will be available at each net.
4. Equipment not in use should be kept in a zipped or closed bag.
5. Clean all common touch points, e.g. the stumps after each person has batted
6. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at anytime
7. Maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times
8. No extra-curricular or social activity should take place
9. Juniors (under 18) will be one junior with a qualified coach with a parent or guardian present per session
10. If you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or they are classified as extremely vulnerable, you should remain at home and follow Government guidance
Use of nets will be from 17.00 to 20.30
Tuesday: Main ground – 3rd Team / Neel Park – 4th Team
Wednesday: Ladies main ground and Neel Park
Thursday: Main ground -1st Team / Neel Park – 2nd Team
Friday: Main ground – Youth section / Neel Park – Development squad
Other times will be available by agreement and as the situation develops.
The Directors are constantly watching all ECB and Government guidance and updates and will implement changes when they feel appropriate.
All bookings will be made through your team captain for seniors, Tia for ladies and James for juniors but Charlotte must be copied into this so the Club complies with ECB one central booking system. This will then comply with tracing and tracking regulations. Your team captain will then give you your time slot.
Bookings co-ordinator: Charlotte Allcock – 07709 608645 – email@example.com
Ladies: Tia Webb – 07711 868902 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors: James Allen – 07939 265115 – email@example.com
Seniors: you should all know your team captain’s contact details.
You can check net availability and your booking using the Club calendar on the Club’s website http://www.oescricket.co.uk/LuxCal273/index.php?cD=2020-05-31 which all members have access to.
Taking into account there is currently no cricket, some members have been furloughed and some made redundant, we are asking those who have not yet paid to pay half membership fee:
£75 for seniors and £35 for ladies. Juniors to pay £45.
I appreciate some members have paid in full for the season, for which the club is very grateful, helping to keep us financially afloat. The Directors will review subscriptions for 2020 and 2021 at the end of this season.
Please pay by BACS to Worcester Old Elizabethans Cricket Club,
Sort Code 20-98-61, Account number 10545171,
please make sure your name accompanies the payment or
send cheque made payable to OECC to
Lynne Newell, 7 Geneva Close, Worcester, WR3 7LZ
Published by Lynne Newell on behalf of the Directors of Old Elizabethans Cricket Club
Hire Old Elizabethans Club for your function
We are the perfect venue for your party, or hosting corporate hospitality. We offer a range of menus and ideas at very competitive rates - so why not contact us for further details...
Call 01905 756617.
PICTURES COURTESY OF CHRIS HAM PHOTOGRAPHY